Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center
- Blueprint for Excellence
- The lessons I’ve learned about mission-driven corporations, strong institutional values, and good management practices —we’ve wasted no time in developing a healthcare “Blueprint for Excellence.”
- TVAMC Call Center
- The Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center has launched a new and improved Call Center. Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service to Veterans and their families.
- Extended Hours Clinics
- There are many Veterans in our community who work full-time jobs during the daytime hours and may not be able to get time away from work for any number of reasons to attend a doctor’s appointment.
- We Have A New Look!
- Our new look is designed to help you easily and quickly access information with intuitive and easy-to-use navigation. We know that you consider this website our front door. And we want you to feel welcome.
- TVAMC Mobile Health Clinic
- TVAMC Mobile Health Clinic - Ready to Roll
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.
- Change Your Mind about Brain Injury
- VA's Polytrauma System of Care, a network of over 100 programs, provides world-class rehabilitation services for Veterans and helps them transition back to their homes and families.
- VA and DoD Meet for Patient Safety Awareness Week
- During Patient Safety Awareness Week, doctors, nurses and clinicians from VA and DoD will be 'United in Safety' as they discuss and analyze ways to make your hospital experience safer.
- You can have MS but MS does not have you
- You can have Multiple Sclerosis with limited mobility and still have passion for the causes that are meaningful to you. Read this story about Army Veteran Brian Pettyjohn who does just that.
- Roots of VA Health Care Started 150 Years Ago
- On March 3, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed a law establishing a national soldiers and sailors asylum. Today's VA evolved from that facility established for Civil War Veterans of the Union Army.
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.