Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center
Current Operating Status
As of Wednesday, November 4, 2015 11:01 AM CST
All VA Medical Center facilities are operating on their normal schedules. No emergencies exist at this time.
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 1-888-651-2685 or 1-205-554-2010
- Change Your Appointment: 1-888-651-2685 or 1-205-554-2010
- Media Inquiries: 1-205-554-3828
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: See Parent Facility Website Above
- Pharmacy Refill: 1-888-651-2685 or 1-205-554-2010
- Staff Locator: See Parent Facility Website Above
- Telephone Care: 1-888-651-2685
- National Veterans Hotline: 1-800-507-4571
***ATTENTION: Parking Lot 6 Temporary Closure***
Beginning Tuesday, 9/8/15, the section of parking lot 6 highlighted in red will be closed off to the public in order for contractors to install the foundations for the solar PV panel canopies. This effort is part of the Tuscaloosa VA’s commitment to meet the executive order issued by the President of the United States requiring federal facilities to reduce their energy consumption. During this time period, employees, visitors, and veterans will not be allowed to park in this area. Alternative parking can be found in the gravel parking lot in front of building 1. Work in parking lot 6 (highlighted in red) will take approximately one week and will be re-opened once finished. After the lot facing the credit union is re-opened, the side highlighted in green will be shut down from 9/16/15 through 9/21/15 to perform the same work on that side. See map above for reference.
While we understand that this may pose an inconvenience to some, the VA police will be actively ticketing and towing illegally parked vehicles.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, please call Dimos Triantafillu at ext.3283 or Adrienne Jones ext. 2063.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation.